Disability Services

Do you think a disability can keep you or someone you care about from going to college?  Well, we have great news for you!  Every college and university provides support and accommodations for students with disabilities through their offices for disability services.

These offices provide reasonable accommodations and services to students with disabilities.  Each designated office requests and maintains disability-related documents; certifies eligibility for services; determines and develops plans for reasonable accommodations such as academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services as mandated under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

While you are here, take a moment to visit one of the many web pages for Offices for Disability Services provided below- These are just a few examples of the amazing resources you will find on every college campus.

Emporia State University
Emporia, KS 66801 • (620) 341-1200

Fort Hays State University
Hays, KS 67601 • (785) 628-4000

Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506 • (785) 532-6011

Pittsburg State University
Pittsburg, KS 66762 • (800) 854-PITT or (620) 235-4251

University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045 • (785) 864-2700

University of Missouri- Kansas City (UMKC)
Kansas City, MO  64110 • (816) 235-1000

Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260 • (316) 978-3045

Washburn University
Topeka, KS 66621 • (785) 670-1010

Johnson County Community College
Overland Park, KS 66210 • (913) 469-8500

Kansas City Kansas Community College
Kansas City, KS 66112 • (913) 334-1100

If you’d like more information, we can help!  Visit the WHS College & Career Center (CCC) in room 125 or request a CCC teacher to help with your transition plan.